Paradigm Reference Servo-15

KAiN64

Hmmm...

It seems that you replied to my posts on the AVS Forum and the Home Theater Forum. 3.gif

So, you're saying that the SVS PB2-Plus will have more impact and slam?

The thing is that, if I want to get a SVS, I'll have to order online. And since I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, shipping costs will probably be quite high making the SVS less than a good deal. That is why I want to buy a subwoofer here locally.

Ugh, over seas shipping for a PB2. Fire the email to SVS and get a shipping estimate (although that will probably just solidify going local for you). If both Velodyne and the Servo15 are available locally go check them out and decide for youself. The HGS18 will be able to go louder than a Servo15. HGS15 and Servo15 should be very similar output wise.

Kain,

Around 1000-1300 you should not hesitate,at this price is a great deal,and if you can get one closer to $1000 egt one.

The HGS18 goes a little bit deeper,plays a good deal louder.The HGS15 goes about as deep and play a bit louder.The HGS however costs a good deal more negating any $/performance advantage.

The SVS B2 will go about as deep and have a good deal more output down low.In the USA or even Canada its a GREAT buy,however when you factor in the shipping the price may not look so great.Ask SVS about shipping costs.

Slam,if its slam you are looking for did you ever try a RSW15?It has loads of slam,the newer revisions of the Servo-15 are also what I call smal worthy.3.gif

The SVS does not have the slam so to speak,its more linear over the whole output range.Does not need heavy EQ like Paradigm and Velodyne

Thanks. But I would like to stick with either a single Paradigm Reference Servo-15 or a single Velodyne HGS-18.

But since you said the HGS-18 is not really worth the extra money over the Servo-15, I guess I'll get the Servo-15.

Thanks you all for your help!

Okay, here is the response I got from SVS regarding the Paradigm Reference Servo-15 and the SVS PB2-Plus:

Hello Haris,

The servo15 is a nice subwoofer. It is very comparable to the 20-39PCi

in performance. I would estimate the PB-2+ to have about 3x the output

capabilities down to the 21-23hz range.

Tom V.

SVS

I also found out that the shipping cost for the SVS PB2-Plus to Dubai is $205. Even with shipping, the SVS PB2-Plus is about the same price as the Paradigm Reference Servo-15 here. Due to this, I'll probably just get the SVS PB2-Plus.

I see you are influenced very fast and easy.

Why do you think TV gave you a 21-23Hz freq.range estimate,because the Servo-15 starts to drop fast at 30Hz(like all sealed subs,including the mighty HGS18)and a soobwoofer tuned low like the B2 will ouperform with total ease a Servo-15.Making it look damn good compared to the Servo-15 around 20Hz.

But again a true subwoofer must be capable of high output down low.

This is a no brainer Kain. While nobody's heard the PB-2 yet, I've had a single 20-39CS Plus and a Servo 15 in the same room and same location but not at the same time so I couldn't A/B. As good as the Servo 15 is, the Plus was the much better sub for HT with much more low end grunt and it gave a much more visceral feel. I did like the look of the Servo better though.