new vs old

rardijoh

I have had a pair of kg 4 speakers for 12 years. I just bought the yamaha rvx 2300 receiver and the rs 3 II rear speakers and the rc 3 II center channel.

My ? is WOuld I be better off getting a new pair of the reference loud speakers and replace my kg4 or get something like the Forte II's.

Any help would be great.

----------------

On 5/27/2003 12:11:15 AM rardijoh wrote:

I have had a pair of kg 4 speakers for 12 years. I just bought the yamaha rvx 2300 receiver and the rs 3 II rear speakers and the rc 3 II center channel.

My ? is WOuld I be better off getting a new pair of the reference loud speakers and replace my kg4 or get something like the Forte II's.

Any help would be great.

----------------

I guess since you already have the RS-3II and the RC-3II, you could go for the full-monty and get the RF-3II speakers to complete the package.

In reality, I would just first try them with the KG-4s and see how it sounds to you. If you don't like it, then get the RF-3II speakers and either keep the KG-4s for a seperate system or sell them off.

Getting the Forte's would be nice, but they will not match up any better than the KG-4s would to your center and surrounds.

Of course, you could return the RC-3II and attempt to find, I believe, the matching KG-2V center that goes with the KG-4s.

If you have the room I would use another pair of KG-4's for the rears. If not, go with a KG2, KG2.2, KG2.5. KG4 mains with a KG2.2V or 2.5V with KG-4's in the rear with a nice subwoofer would be a very nice setup indeed. I would go as big as you can in the rear. 4 KG4's would obviously be the best choice.