ARE KLF-10 SHIELDED???

iwillwalk

This is really weird, I was just thinking of you today and wondering what country you and the family were in.1.gif

Anyway, I think the answer is bucking magnets. Some of the Less clueless (huh??) may be able to give you more help...welcome back1.gif

Hey Cluless,

nice 2 hear from you.

Some of the klipsch family and my cats are in Morocco, the other klipsch family and dog is here in florida.

just added 2 more klf-30's, c-7 and 2 klf-10 to my collection.

I know the c-z is shielded, I thought they were all shielded....

Clueless is right the Legend series ( with the exception of the C7 ) are not shielded. Klipsch sells easily installable bucking magnets for them or they can be sourced inexpensively from third party vendors.

It would be a good idea to keep them away from your TV until you have installed the magnets as you can actually burn the face of the picture tube. That said you may find that simply moving them a little further away from the screen will correct the problem and still yield satisfactory results. They need only be far enough away that you are not seeing any effect on the video.

I had the same problem with my KLF-30's. I finally just got an LCD screen and that fixed everything. So if you're budget fits, it's always a good alternative. I put up with the funny colors on my 36" sony wega for years.

Anyway ... I wish I'd known about the bucking magnets a long time ago.

Let us know what you end up doing ...