anyone listen to the RB 75?

drptpcpe

thanks Bill.

I could use the front porting and am really interested in their two channel sound. For H/T I don't the Klipsch can be touched by ANYTHING because of their dynamics. I was thinking maybe (4) rb75, (1)rc7 and the pair rs7.

andy

i am also very interested in hearing a comparison between the RB-75's and the RF-7's. my dealer does not have any of the new models in yet...and even then it's tough to get A/B comparisons because they always set the RF-7's up in a separate cinema room.

----------------

On 6/1/2003 2:56:40 PM b-man1 wrote:

i am also very interested in hearing a comparison between the RB-75's and the RF-7's. my dealer does not have any of the new models in yet...and even then it's tough to get A/B comparisons because they always set the RF-7's up in a separate cinema room.

----------------

I can't see how the RB-75 could be near as good as the RF-7. I am not also sure if you can mix and match RF-X and RF-XX speakers and get an ok sound. I know they should be matched for timbre, being "Reference", but I just don't know. If you are going to mix, do some really careful listening before making your purchase. Any good HT store will setup your speaker selection. Tweeter has ALWAYS done that for me.

Geeze I miss Tweeter...

the rb-75's have been described to me by my Klipsch rep as 'pro-driver equipped' when i asked the diff between the rb-75's 8"driver vs. the rb-35's 8" driver.the rb-75 also uses the horn out of the rf-7 w/ a large magnet structure. i have set-up the rb-75's in a surround-sound system with a rsw-15, hooked to a yammy rxv3300. it sounds GREAT, although i haven't a/b'd them w/the rf-7's.

avman.

i called my dealer and they don't even have them on order yet...i have been considering returning the RF-7's and getting the RF-75's and a nice set of stands. reasons for this would be:

1. size...the 7's are just HUGE (almost too big for my environment)

2. performance...what is the difference? with my SVS will it be that noticable between the two setups? my receiver crossover is at 80Hz...and both the 7's and 75's can fill in no problem before the SVS takes over.

thoughts?

I listened to them this past weekend with my girlfriend, and we thought that they sounded very good. But.... We both agreed that the RF-5's sounded better. The RF-7's were in a different room, so we couldn't do a direct comparison to those. The RB-35's were in another room as well, so we couldn't directly compare those, but we both liked the RB-35's nearly as much as the RB-75's, and they were half the price. How could the price double by just having a different tweeter, and a little larger cabinet, to accomodate the tweeter?

It is so tough to compare speakers when they are not in the same room. Especially when listening to different amps and music.

Last week we listened to some speakers, we thought that the old RB-5's sounded better than the RB-35's which replaced them, but this week my girlfriend liked the rb-35's. Go figure.

• 10 months later...

I just bought a pair of the RB-75s. I uopgraded from KG 2.5s. I, too listened to the RB 35s, especially since they were roughly 1/2 the price of the 75s, but thought the 75s sounded a bit better and I did not want to settle for the 35s since the reviews I read on the 75s were great.

I put them on Omnimounts with great effort so the cabinets will not come apart since they are not designed to be placed on anything by flat stands.

Get them, you will nto regret it.2.gif