Mark III's and the fruits of my labor !

NOSValves

Craig,

Not that I have anything to compare it to, but my modded & upgraded Foreplay really gives an awesome presentation.

I would imagine going from one pre to another each has its own sonic characteristics and the synergy factor would determine what mates with any amp.

Tom

From what I've read the Pas 3, is really not anything to get excited about in its stock form. As for the Eico that suppose to sound nice even stock. Something tells me if Craig uses the Scott as his reference pre its the killer over the rest, he's come across to date, or he'd be doing a component upgrade like he did with the Mark's.

Tom

Yes the Scott is a cut above the EICO, PAS3 and the Foreplay !! Face the facts you get what you pay for. A Scott 130 will set you back at least $400 and the rebuild will get you up there also. The HF-85 goes for $200 or less on ebay and then requires a rebuild also. The foreplay is $149 and you have to build it. Cost can be relative to some extend here.

I would say the EICO is cut above the foreplay and the Pas 3 for sure and yes I have heard the foreplay a few times now.

Craig

Craig,

Well, I have to say my Foreplay has come a long way from its stock form. By adding the Hovland caps, DC heater supply mod,the Anticipation upgrade, which is a constant current supply mod,& stepped attenuators, it's really a step above the basic $149.00 basic Foreplay. Although if you want to send me a Eico to do some A/B comparisons I'm Game.

Tom9.gif