Forte IIs and SET 300bs

Pack Rat

Hi all!

I'm a forum and horn newbie and would like some educated opinions. I bought a pair of Forte IIs from saturday audio exchange to try with my 300b amps.

Did I make a wise choice?

Will 8 watts be enough to get some bass from these speakers?

Are there any mods or updates that should be done?

I won't be able to pick them up from Chicago until 6-18 and haven't seen them yet and have no familiarity with Klipschs at all. Are they bi-wirable?

And if so what about a bi-amp setup with push pull 6L6s on the bottom?

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

Welcome Joe.

I'm relatively new to this forum and to my SET amp too. You will find a lot of thoughtful advise from some very knowledeable people on this forum.

I think your Forte's will sound great with your 300b's, it's a combination that offers wonderful sound quality and fairly good volume. My SET amp only puts out about 3 wpc, and I'm finding that's not quite enough for me. I'm right in the middle of experimenting with an active electronic crossover with my SET amp on the horns of my Khorns and a McIntosh SS amp on the bass bins. There are a couple of threads here on the 2 channel board that are about bi-amping.

Have fun!

Greg

Pack Rat,

Welcome! I've used my 300B SET Mono Blocks with Heresy's, Cornwalls, and Belles. They are presently powering a pair 79 K-Horns. Unless you have a huge room or your musical preference is hardrocking material at extremely loud and sustained levels, you won't come close to using a 1/3 of those 8 watts.