NOS VALVES ,DIODES

rtaylor

Yup,Yup,Yup,Yup,Yup,hey Craig thanks for the e reply. Got your package packed up tonight and will be mailed away tomorrow. Sending a chassis minus bottom plate for you in case you decide you want to get that chromed too. Can't send you the bottom because I don't have an extra. Received some more parts tonight from partsexpress. Supposed to get the chokes from Triode tomorrow so don't be surprised if I become a pest again soon. On that note here's a poser.Some of thewires coming off the transformers are feeling pretty brittle, should I go into the trans and start with fresh or am I asking for trouble? Randy

randy, Sorry I can't help you with your transformer wires. Craig should

give you all the help you need shortly, but try this for your sig.

(font face="verdana" color="000066" size="1">

Lascalas '86

Mac-60'S

Dynaco MKII'S

Dynaco ST 70

Mac C-20

Mac MR-66

Counterpoint 7.0

Sony STR-DE635

Sony DVD player

RCA CD player

Akai Cassete 702D

Sota,Sumiko,Shure V-15

(/font>

Just replace ( with <.

Kudret:

Maybe you could post the instructions you have here as a separate item on this forum? Some of the members have signatures in larger sizes that take up almost 1/2 a page when you try to print them.

It is a tremendous waste of paper and takes a lot longer to load.

Besides, it looks like we actually know as much about making something look attractive as we care about great sound.

Don

Randy, We're getting there. I think first 2 zeros are for Red, middle two for Green

and last two are for Blue. Try changing the first two or middle two zeros, or try

both. Here are some you can try: FF0033 or 9900FF or 0099FF, etc.

Kudret,

your the forum official HTML advisor from here on out 1.gif

Randy,

Just how brittle are we talking ?? You could open a can of worms messing around with try to change them. If the wire itself seems okay and just the insulation if brittle. I would just shrink wrap the entire wire before you put them back in use. Are you transformer wires cloth or plastic insulated ?

Craig

Hey Craig, the insulation is cloth,1950's MKII's!Two of the wires were replaced with plastic insulated wires when I aquired them in 85 or so.I've already redone those two with some new cloth insulated wire from Triode but they were right at the outside of the transformer.What do you think?

Randy