Which sub should I get Klipsch RSW or SVS???

metalmaster

I neglected to buy the RSW15 because lately I've been hearing alot about these svs subs. I currently have the RS7 set(which is overkill for the room I'm in currently (20x12ft) but I like things LOUD!!) up without a sub; it sounds greats as it is now. But I really need to get a sub, nothing beats feeling and really hearing a movie. I've heard the RSW15 and it sounds just f---ing great; but never have heard a SVS unfortunatly.

Which sub is overall better: RSW15 or the SVSPCPLUS 16-49.

Or what would be comparable to the RSW15 by SVS.

Any comments or answers would be great

Have you found a place to put a 16 inch diameter by 50 inch tall SVS? Sound aside, the space consumed by SVS subs is a consideration. SVS now makes 3 box subs at which you might look (especially the PB2 plus).

As for other subs, the Hsu is cylindrical like the SVS. To complicate matters, Outlaw is to begin making a sub with design input from Dr. Hsu--that should be a scarey deal in terms of price and quality. I had been lusting for SVS until I learned about the forthcoming Outlaw.

MM

Go through the archives of the subwoofer section. There are probably 100 threads discussing this over the last 2 years.

I demod an RSW15 and it was OK. I liked the SVS better but I have a big room 22x36.

The SVS can go lower than the RSW that is for sure.

Some poeple think the RSW is more musical. I find my SVS VERY musical.

Where are you located. Maybe see if there is somebody in your area that has SVS will let you listen to one. I have had several people over to hear mine over the last year.

JM

At this point space doesn't matter my girlfriend and I are moving in September to a much bigger home. I will definitly check out the "Outlaw". Earthquke subs, do they compare with the ones mentioned above? I don't really want to spend much more then 1500-2000 dollars on a sub.

metalmaster - I am waiting to receive mine, before I can provide a true review, but you may want to consider the SVS PB2+. The price range is about equal to the RSW-15 ($1,200). While the RSW-15 will win the beauty prize, indications are that it would take TWO RSW-15s to equal the output of the PB2+. Just something to consider.

As some of you know I have the same message posted in another catagory. I thought I made my dicision. The RSW15 but now there is the PB2+ I totally forgot about. I will wait for DillonW to get his. When do you expect to get it Dillon?? You guys always come up with something at the end.

SVS is not getting their cabinets in as quickly as they had hoped. Last word I had was mine has a 50-50 chance of shipping next week. If that holds true, it should arrive by the end of the month. According to SVS calculations the PB2+ will equal the output of four of my Velodyne CT-150s, or two Klipsch RSW-15s. If the PB2+ turns out to be everything I expect, I have a second spot designated for a twin. I sent a diagram of my listening room to TV, he said the B4 would only have a slight advantage over two PB2s. This way I can buy one at a time, save in total cost, and lower shipping. The B4 was going to run $300 in shipping. SVS is running a shipping special of $50 (continental US) for the PB2+. My SPL meter and test disks are awaiting its arrival.3.gif