Matching Heresys for home theater

BnB guy

I have a pair of mid 80's heresys for front speakers and i am up grading my home theater from a bunch of polk stuff and need sujestions on the center and surrounds??? ive been looking at some rc/rs 3ii's on line as no one sells klipsch in my area (dam it). or would the rs35 or rs7 and matching center channels do me better??? i want to be able to make the whole system blend and work together...any help from those with more experence would be greatly appreciated..... mostly listen to classic rock jazz and blues and those heresys just love singing to that....maby some forte's someday HHHmmmm..........

Welcome to the forum. There is lots of info if you do a search on "timbre matching." If you have the room you should buy 2 more pairs of heresys from ebay and use them all around. Heresys are heritage speakers and it's best to try and stay with that line (as opposed to mixing with the refernce line) for the remainder of your HT. The most important speaker to match is your center. You will also save money buying used heresys. Good luck.

Unfortunately, the matching center is an academy which is almost impossible to find. I've been looking for months for one. When they come up on ebay they go for more than double the original price. Can you fit 1 heresy for a center? If not rc3II sounds pretty good or a klf-c7 which is easy to find but pretty big too (27" wide). The rears for HT are not as important to match. My RS3IIs sound great with movies. You can buy & try from an authorized dealer then take back if you're not happy. People on this forum are very picky when it comes to timbre matching but I think the reference sound really good with my cornwalls. You can always make your own center if you're talented in that area. Lots of info here on that too.

if you mix rc 3's with heresies you will end up disapointed, the voice is very different, plus the rc 3 is just too small for the application, the 7 would be much better, but still voice, it is very different, plus if you went to the expence of going with a seven you could get heresies, but speaking from experience the 3's would be a mistace, believe me it is a mistake i made12.gif

BnB Guy - You might want to post on the Home Theater board for more ideas. You can always move the heresys to a different room for 2 channel listening and get an all refernce HT system. Reference speakers are smaller, easier to fit and you can get a complete matched set. That's if money isn't an issue.1.gif