Denon 1082 Reciever

Thors1982

I think I found a good deal on a denon 1082. Eventually I want to hook this reciever up to RF-7, RC7 and RS-7's. But I am still collecting the cash. Can someone help me with the big difference between the 1082 and the 3802-3803. I don't really have the money for a 3802-3803 and I think the 1082 has everything I need. Just wanted to know what I was losing. Also find out if its a good reciever in general. I would be buying a refurbished one but it was done by the factory and from an authorized dealer so I am not all that concerned.

Also what is the big difference between the 3802 and the 3803... the price difference is about $200 so is has to be something big.

I just started looking at home theater stuff recently and know very little (as you can probably tell) So any help would be appreciated.

Your loosing power. The 3802 or 3803 would have much more power and therefore would give you much better and more efficient sound. You would also get better sound at low volumes. They would also hold their values whereas the 1082 doesn't really have any value. 14.gif

It's worth the wait for something good! 16.gif

The 1082 is the same receiver as the 3802.Just different marketing.The difference between the 3803 and the 3802 is that the 3803 has better component switching.If you are connecting your dvd,vcr,etc. straight to your tv,(which is better)then there is no advantage that the 3803 has over the 3802 or 1082.Save yourself the money and get the 1082,that's what I'm doing.Anyone else agree or disagree??? Have a great week people....Sid

The 1082 is sold through mass market channels. That would be the main difference between the the 1082 and the 3802. The 3802 and 3803 have a couple of differences (I have the 3802 and have demoed a 3803)

1) The 3803 has DD EX decoding ability. the 3802 does not it uses a none licensed version for DD surround back channels. For the record I have not heard a difference.

2) The 3803 passes a 100MHz video signal. The 3802 passes up to a 27MHz video signal. The mimimum recommended level is 25MHz to pass a 1080i video signal. It is borderline. I have used it without any noticeable loss in signal.

3) The 3803 upconverts all video signals to component. So, an average home theater system could make use of only video input into the TV.

These are the items that most concerned me as I planned on upgrading my system. I am sure that other changes existed. In the end, I decided to go with Rotel separates as opposed to a receiver. I have the amps and am just deciding on an RSP 1066 or RSX 1055 for the pre/pro (the 3802 serves this purpose currently).

I hope this helps. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the components the have been mentioned. Get what sounds good to you and get it at the cheapest price possible.

Larry

The 3803 has so many things different in the pre/pro section from the 3802(which I also own)it is NO comparison,do more research.The 3803 has lots of 5803 tehnology,it is a best buy in sub 1k avr's imo.The 3802/1082 is still a great avr,just not the same level of tech,maybe same amps.If its cheap go for it.

Well, this is my first reciever and i am just getting into Home Theater so as far as options I doubt any of those recievers lack the stuff that my DVD player and TV will be able to handle. I want to get a good reciever that will last a while but i do plan on upgrading. Also was looking at the 2803 to save some money and upgrading earlier. But I wasn't sure if it would have enough power to handle 2 RF-7s, 1 RC-7, and 2 RS-7s.