Klipsch Product Lines??

DethKing

Looking to start to build a home theatre system. I want to go with Klipsch. Just doing research now. My question is, what are the differences between the different product lines? Also, would getting used Klipsch speakers be ok if they were in good condition?

Obviously it's a home theatre, so I'll watch movies, but also will play music, I would say about 50/50. Can anyone help point me int he right direction here?

And since i'm anal, I would like all speakers to be in the same product line if it can be helped.

Can anyone make any recommendations on speakers for me? 5.1 to start, possibly upgrade to 7.1 i nthe future. Budget is sort of limited, but do want some awesome sound.

Thanks,

Gregg

What kind of budget do you have to work with? If it's a lower budget, check out the synergy series at Best Buy. It you have a little more to spend, check out the refrence speakers at your local dealer. The heritage series is one of the best deals in hi-fi and can be bought used on ebay. The Herseys are a nice entry level Heritage speaker.

i wouldnt say anal, instead smart. keeping the same line makes for great timbre, and if you have the patience go heritage, and yes you can get speaks ingreat condition used. many of us have built our systems in this manner with really pleasing results, for a fraction of the cost of new, but as i said you need a little patience, it does pay off12.gif

For your original question:

$ Synergy

$$ Reference

$$$ Heritage

with obvious overlaps in each lineup...

----------------

On 6/16/2003 4:12:48 PM jzoz01 wrote:

The heritage series is one of the best deals in hi-fi and can be bought used on ebay. The Herseys are a nice entry level Heritage speaker.

----------------

Heritage are great sounding robust speakers... they can be purchased new but they are somewhat expensive... or can be found used for bargin prices! Unlike going to Bust-Buy, it does require work to hunt them down. Note that there isn't any dedicated "center" channel heritage in production but i will be using an inversed heresy.

I started with a 2-channel heritage and now have enough for a 6.1. They were all purchased locally.

Rob

Deth,

I have a pair of Heresys that my brother gave me for a high school graduation gift in 1981. They served me well in college, grad school and beyond. They were the foundation around which I built my HT system. That meant hunting down similar vintage Heresys for rear speakers, hunting down a Klipsch Academy center (generally accepted as the center of choice for Heritage line unless you want custom build one to match your fronts) and then added a sub. My system looks anemic compared to what some of the fine gentlemen in this forum are running but I can tell you that I have always liked things loud and clear and for my money you cant beat Heritage Klipsch. Friends that come over to watch movies leave the house absolutely giddy. Good luck and keep us up to speed on how its going.

Dan

Deth,

I have a pair of Heresys that were a high school graduation gift from my brother in 1981. They served me well through college and grad school. They still sound phenomenal to me. They were the foundation around which I built my HT system. That consisted of hunting down a pair of similar vintage Heresys, a Klipsch Academy center and adding a sub...all done off ebay. Its worked out great for me. I love the sound...loud and Clear. My system looks anemic next to many here on the forum but I still have no upgrade bug with regard to the front and rear heresys. Good luck and keep us up to date.

Dan

Thanks for all the help..I've been looking on ebay...and I found a set of Tangent 300's and a set of Tangents for a decent price. It'll take me a little bit to find a matching center, but I can deal for the time being.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are great.

-Gregg