Floor standing speakers min/max knob???

oplin

i have a pair of magnavox s-8766 floor standing speakers, and it has this min/max knob on the back of it. I was wondering what the knob is for, i don't really notice any change from it. The speakers are from 1972 or so and i can't find a manual or anything on them, they were my dads but he doesn't know anything about them. Also i'm only using them for 20-80hertz, so i only use the 15" sub in them. If anybody knows what the knob does for these that would be great i'm sure it's on other speakers also. They're air suspension speakers also what does that mean? thanks.

----------------

On 6/19/2003 8:23:05 PM oplin wrote:

i have a pair of magnavox s-8766 floor standing speakers, and it has this min/max knob on the back of it. I was wondering what the knob is for, i don't really notice any change from it. The speakers are from 1972 or so and i can't find a manual or anything on them, they were my dads but he doesn't know anything about them. Also i'm only using them for 20-80hertz, so i only use the 15" sub in them. If anybody knows what the knob does for these that would be great i'm sure it's on other speakers also. They're air suspension speakers also what does that mean? thanks.

----------------

Air suspension? I was under the impression that means they run two woofers - one has no magnet - it's referred to as a passive radiator - just bounces in response to the active woofer's hit.

Phillips has started using this old-school tech in their shelf systems - they call it "w00x" - their version is a thick plastic "driver".

----------------

On 6/19/2003 9:06:38 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 6/19/2003 8:23:05 PM oplin wrote:

----------------

Air suspension? I was under the impression that means they run two woofers - one has no magnet - it's referred to as a passive radiator - just bounces in response to the active woofer's hit.

Phillips has started using this old-school tech in their shelf systems - they call it "w00x" - their version is a thick plastic "driver".

----------------

People LOVE those things. Nothing like a $100 boombox with a pissive radiator that moves a full 2" 9.gif