4.1's in 3 days, oh goodie!

Well ive been workin hard for the man, and ive got some money saved up. Im planning on buying the 4.1's in 3 days and im very excited. I have my pink noise mp3's and i think im suposed to play them at a low volume for a long time. Anyways i am very eager to hear these new speakers. What i have now are the altec lansing ACS45 speakers, i bought them about 3-4 years ago and they sound pretty good to me. I dont need to be sold on the klipsch speakers, ive read every review and followed this message board extensivly for the past 4 months or so. But after reading a recent post in reference to the 5.1 speakers that might be released in the near future, i have had doubts. I would rather have 5.1, bu t if the price is a lot higher i would just get the 4.1's. I realize that this could have just been a rumour made up by some guy but if its a possibility i would like some more info. If i were to get the 4.1's in a couple days then have the 5.1's come out a month later for only a little bit more i would be royaly pissed. But i am almosts positive that the 5.1's would not come out for a year or more. It would be utterly stupid to release them a couple months after the 4.1's, everyone who bought the 4.1's would be pissed and feel totaly ripped off. So if anyone would care to respond to my excessive rantings i would greatly apriciate it.

thanks!

I'm find myself in the same situation. I have a choice to get the 4.1 for graduation but would love to lay my ears on a set of 5.1 Klipsch if they are available by June. I had bought the v2 400 at the end of Jan. 2001 without doing enough research and a terrible sting hit my head called PRIDE when the 4.1 came out just a couple months later in March.

Ya im in a similar situation. Hmmm but i can get the 4.1's in 3 days! Damnit i really want them but if the 5.1's will be out soon i would definatly wait for them.

AMY could you please shed some light? im dying here. Im guessing that the 5.1's are either exactly like the 4.1's with an extra speaker, in which case the would'nt be too much more. Or they might be like a newer version of the quintets, then they would be damn expensive and i would ignore it and get the 4.1's.

for both our sakes someone please help out. thanks!

• Moderators

Sorry, I just don't have release date information yet. It just depends how the final stages of testing go...

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

The question is is the extra cost really worth it? I don't know about you.. but I do not need a center channel for my computer system. It is only used when you watch DVDs.. which I hardly do. Even then.. downmixing is good enough. If I want awesome DVD experince.. I'd watch it on my bro's HTS :D

I'm pleased with my 4.1 system.. I can't complain.

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

Thats a really good idea. but my bro does'nt have a good HT system, he doesn't have one at all. Thats becuase hes 19 and im 17. I am going to be using the pros as my stero, gaming, and ht speakers. I might even rig them to my tv. So a 5th channel might be nice.