Dynaco ST-35 & K-horns ??

How well do the UL-PP EL84 tubes work with the Khorns? How defined and tight is the bass? How is the high-end, I prefer crisp cymbols, etc. I know the midrange has to be better than SS. Please give me the details.

Somebody who has done the above, please speak up as I'm thinking about getting one and tinkering around with it.

meter.gifmeter.gif

Randy,

Why do you say harsh and tinny ?? I have no clue why you think his digital will be like that ? ST-35 is a nice little amp and should sound great with any descent source.

Craig

Ahh do you mean because his CDP CX220 CD Changer ??

I may be mistaken about the model number, but not all Dynaco or tube amplifiers are automatically great buys. Some sound better than others. Especially with ultra-revealing big old horns like the Khorn. When I was scouting around for a good deal, forum members then recommended quieter, more sensitive and delicate sounding amplifiers. 2.gif

Craig, I was referring to his DVD player, which is, if it's like my DVD player, almost unlistenable, and the CD changers are, for the most part, built for convenience over stellar playback.

His vinyl, OTOH, is high quality and should smoke those other components.