Price on RC-35

easylistener

EL,

Your center is still brand new isn't it? You may have to run it in a little more for it to loosen up. The Newer Ref Line is supposed to be better per the People who compared the older and newer models. I'm guessing there won't be that much difference from the RC-3II's and the new RC-35, only the appearance. But, then again I've yet to listen to the newer line-up.

Good Luck,

Jalen

simplyso

I wanted the rc3II also because those are the speakers I have. If you want one new you better get on the phone because everybody by me don't have any. I called all the places within 25 miles and they all were out and not getting any more. That is why I had to buy the 35. The cheapest I have seen the 3 was 260 for a demo. 290 new. I think a couple of internet stores still of a couple but they are going fast also. I paid a little more just because it is new I think. The 35 does go lower because it is ported.

Don't pay more than $330. I auditioned the RC35 vs. RC3II. The RC35

has a much deeper cabinet therefore producing a much fuller sound.

The RC3II sounds much cleaner. The RC3II should sell around $290.

These are prices from Ultimate Electronics.

----------------

On 6/26/2003 2:17:42 PM gcoker wrote:

Don't pay more than $330. I auditioned the RC35 vs. RC3II. The RC35

has a much deeper cabinet therefore producing a much fuller sound.

The RC3II sounds much cleaner. The RC3II should sell around $290.

These are prices from Ultimate Electronics.

----------------

Do you think that the RC35 would sound okay with the RF3II? I am going to be buying my center channel in a couple weeks here. I was quoted 300 and 360 for the RC3II and RC35 respectivly from SoundTrack (Ultimate Electronics in Colorado). The main choice was going to be on sound between the two though.

Dome

I bought the rc35 for my rf3II. Now that I have it placed right and broken in I sounds great. I would recomand the rc3 becuase it goes lower and you can tell. I got the rc35 for 320 from a big chain in wisconsin.(American tv) They were asking 399.99. There is plenty of room to get them to move. When the rc3II came out it was around the same price from dealers. I refuse to buy from the net with no warrenty. I hope this helps you. By the way I couldn't find the rc3II anywhere by me.

Ya, there are still a couple RC3II's to be found at various SoundTrack stores. There is no chance at all of finding a RC3. I have seen a couple RC3II's super cheap on the internet (ebay), but like you said, with a purchase like this, I would rather just pay a little more, get it through an authorized retailer, and have a warranty.

My main concern with the RC35 was, for some reason, it not being voice matched to the older reference line. What did you do (and how long) to 'break-in' our RC35? Does that really make a difference? When I bought my RC3II's, they were floor models (still came with warranty etc. though) so I am guessing they were plenty 'broken-in' if there is such a thing.

When I first go the 35 it was sharp, and I didn't like it. So I hooked it up to one of my mains and played music through it all day. Most of the time I wasn't home. Then I watched shrek with my son last night and it sounds a lot better. I don't think you need to worry about the match, it will match very well.

Dome, I would try the RC3II first over the RC35 with your

fronts. I placed my old KV-1 center as my rear center

surround and bought the RC3II for the front center (based

upon tech support from Klipsch). I now know what everyone

means be voiced match. It over powers my front KG 4.5's.

Its sounds great however, now you can tell its there where

as before it was seamless. Ultimate said I could bring the

RC3II back and try out the RC35, but I think the 35 will be

more powerfull. It may be time to upgrade the front's!