Need a Widescreen Recommendation

MBM135

I second the Hitachi S500 series. They have better CRTs than the F500s and a 5 lens system vs 4 in the F. The Fs are very good for the money if you can get one on sale though.

I bought a 57S500 from CC (in Fla. I'm in RI). I had bought a Samsung 5065 DLP monitor from BB but I couldn't stand it and brought it back. The only Mits that they have are the low end stuff 313 series with their own numbering so you can't compare with other sellers.

Rick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBM135 Have you ever considered a projector?

Since you said you move often, it would be much easier to move than a bigscreen and you could easily change screen sizes depending on the size of your HT room.

And you would be amazed at the picture quality on even sub <1,000 projectors today.

I have a $2,500 53" 4:3 rp bigscreen with a great picture.

I also have an Infocus X1 projector I got for $850, plus about $350 for a mid-level 106" 16:9 screen that has a picture that equals or exceeds the rp bigscreen. It definitely looks better than any movie theater I've been in.

If you can demo a pj and need this for HT, I'd try it. I was amazed at how incredible the picture was. Combined with all my Klipsch speakers, it's a great setup for HT.

For a few more bucks you could probably get a better pj than I have and stay under your $2,000 budget.

Just an option that would be easier to take with you when you move compared to hauling a huge TV.