The sound moved me to tears

Just received my Promedia 4.1 with Audio Tornado DD Box on Saturday. I was awed with such beautiful sound these speakers could generate and it practically moved me to tears. It is the best investment I've made so far. Another question to you folks about the subwoofer; I noticed that it gets hot after a while, does anyone use any method of cooling that they could suggest. Boy, I loved these speakers.6.gif2.gif9.gif1.gif

Some people put a little box can behind the subwoofer to keep it cool (the back plate is a heat-sink I belive)

Enjoy those guys! I know the ProMedia v2.400's are still the best investment (electonic-wise) I have ever made, and probably ever will.

Hmmm, you mean there's a way I can attach a heat sink or something to the back of my sub to act as a real heat sink? That plate really doesn't cut it and I've burned my hand plenty of times on that thing.

edit: mustang that's just the 5.1's, I don't think the 4.1's have as high a rate fo failure.

----------------

On 7/13/2003 10:07:42 AM MD1032 wrote:

Hmmm, you mean there's a way I can attach a heat sink or something to the back of my sub to act as a real heat sink? That plate really doesn't cut it and I've burned my hand plenty of times on that thing.

edit: mustang that's just the 5.1's, I don't think the 4.1's have as high a rate fo failure.

----------------

Don't bother with the heat sink, I am sure it will do fine.. If you are really worried.. move it to near a window so there will be more air flowing.

AHA, I think the new ceiling fan being installed in my room (I've used a small underpowered 6" personal fan up until now) will help with air circulation, because the sub and the comp together just basically cancel what's coming through my AC vent.

These speakers brought classical music and opera to life, which I don't normally feel under my old speakers. My friend just bought a Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers and the satellites hiss a lot. Now, I have my 4.1 satellites mounted on the wall and it sounds even better. 2.gif

Way down the road, like after this Christmas, I'm going to buy some of this:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=KLE16BL

Then I'll buy two wall mounts. Then I will run wires from my sub up into my attic down the wall opposite my desk and into two wall mounts I will place on the wall. Then I'll use Justin_tx's cable mod guide to put phono plugs on the wires and I'll have my own custom wires and wall mounts for REAL 4.1 surround sound. For now, I'm still happy as a clam with my PM's.

I had the Z-540's as was a happy Logitech fan until they fried 3 months after owning them. Got my PM's and knew no more. 9.gif