Help...need $500 subwoofer

dnelsenrn

The Hsu VTF-2 sub is a great subwoofer. I've seen it mentioned on other forums that you can get b-stock ones for $400. When Nousaine measured it, it very well when compared to other much higher priced subs.

Ave. output from 25-63hz w/10% distortion

Hsu Research VTF-2 - 107.1 / 20hz~93dB(106)

Here's some other Nousained subs so you have a reference point:

Velodyne FSR15 - 107.8 / 20hz~102dB__25hz~105dB

Paradigm Servo15 - 107.3dB

Klipsch KSW-12 - 104.9dB / 25hz~90dB(102.4)

DD; Thanks for the tip, but I've already picked up an RC-3II. Ovation is having a decent sale on discontinued Klipsch and Denon products. I got the RC-3II for $275, and the RS-3IIs for $200 each. They are also selling the KSW-12 for $375. Another good deal Ovation has is buy a Denon 1603 for $399 and get a 900 DVD player for $150. I'm going to see if they will do something similar with an 1803 and a 1600.

----------------

On 7/8/2003 8:25:12 PM dnelsenrn wrote:

Need the sub to go with KLF10's and KLF-C7. My budget only allows for $500.

Big WAF factor here (I am the wife)....please do not suggest SVS or HSU. Choices include Paradigm, Velodyne, Mirage, and B&W. I am so lost and have been listening, but feel the stores ideal setup cannot compare to the real home environment. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!

Probably 90% music (any other than RAP) and 10% HT.

----------------

get the 12" velodyne sub its AWESOME i know from hearing it.... its $499 at circuit city

1.gif check it out here http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8023&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_3&oid=37965

----------------

On 7/8/2003 10:14:19 PM dnelsenrn wrote:

Its the tube design i do not like. I also do not like the rough finish on the HSU.
Klipsch is not a consideration as I have heard the subs in my price range are not all that good
. Looking for some advice on easily available subs. Thanks
----------------

your kidding right????