Switched outlet on reviever

jzoz01

Alright, I have a Denon AVr-3300 and later added an Adcom GFA-545 external amp for the front speakers. I like to be able to shut down my whole system with the remote, and am unable to do this, as the adcom has to be shut off by hand. Would plugging it into the switched outlet on the back of the reciever be a good idea or would that cause power issues?

I have the 585, & when I measured it, it draws 85 watts at idle, & I have blown 15 amp circuit breakers when running it hard.

Look at a few of the line filters. I have the Adcom Ace-515, & it does the switching for me including a delay to let the system settle down before shutting down. I know many of them do the same.

I would not use the switched outlet on the receiver to power an amp. A cassette deck, DVD, turntable, yes.

You can fairly easily build a relay for about $15 that will turn off the amp when you turn off the receiver. I have a recipe for it somewhere, if you want it.

Or, you could just leave it on...

DD