overclocked my comp

prodj101

good job prodj! i knew it could hit just about there! i was right... 9.gif ... i bet it could go a pinch higher, too.

anyway, IM me regarding the specs on your pc, i am interested in converting to p4 setup to replace my current amd rig. i want to know what ram u used, mobo, cpu and from where u bought it - and how much it was.

thanks, also i would like to know if u would change anything in your present setup - just help a fellow klipschie would ya? thanks man! 1.gif

I'm not sure if you meant an AIM message, but I don't have yours so thats not possible, I'll just post specs here.

I'm using 1 GB Corsair 2100 RAM (yea it's a bit old, but hey, this comp is like 4 months old now too!)

P4 2.4 ghz OC to 2.88

80 GB seagate baracuuda hard drive

Asus mobo with 533 fsb, hyper threading support, usb 2.0, temp monitoring, fan control, and some other features.

ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb graphics card

Sound Blaster Audigy audio card

CD burning drive = 52x24x52

DVD I can't remember.

100% aluminum case (they kick *** for keeping components running cool)

450 watt antec psu.

All of my components I bought from local stores so I could return things if they didn't work, or if I had problems. total price AT THE TIME excluding the monitor was about 1,600, with case, psu, and everything. no prob man. I think I'm gonna try and hit 3 ghz later on today, it runs perfectly at 2.8

saw the pic, nice rig prodj!

anyway, looking at your systems specs, ur right about the ram, thats probably your bottleneck. but a gig is a gig, so that gives u ample space.

i need your opinion on this, is there a considerable (worth it?) difference between a 1gb and 512mb. i know with the older windows, 1gb is detrimental and counterproductive because the os was not able to use it efficiently? i know with winxp, it can handle more ram - but is the difference worth it?

dont bother buying silver or black drives - spend $5 and buy some krylon rustoleum grey paint - it looks good and will definitely match your case.... look at my rig and see!

u like aluminum too eh? same here.

post-11745-1381924839288_thumb.jpg

thats a sick comp you've got there, u do the window job yourself or buy a side panel? I know the company that sells my case also sells a window panel for the sides if you want one, but I didn't feel like spendin money where it wasn't needed (as cool as it looks). as for your question on the 512-1gig ram, I would say it is worth it. if you're a big multi tasker anyways. if you open up your task manager and look at the amount of ram programs are using, you can really start to get up there quick, and I just like to have alot of headroom to work with. and with ram as cheap as it is now adays, I don't see why not to. I know a guy who went from 512 to 1 gig and he said it was deffinatly worth it. I haven't tried it personally, but I stil lsay go for it.

thanks for the compliment! yeah, i did the window myself - took me 4 hours with the dremel but - it was worth it though! theres nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you get that window done, plus it only cost me $11 at pcmods.com - you should try it! personally, i think the do-it-yourself windows are much better looking than those pre-modded windows.

anyway, im thinking about getting a gig - now that u say it does make a difference. i was thinking about going for dual ddr 2x256mb pc3500.... but now that u mention it, im thinking about just going for 2x512mb pc2700... to save some cash.

i am really thinking about going with a p4 setup, but still am thinking about an amd barton setup (2500xp, asus a7n8x, dual ddr).

any opinions on this? 1gb of 2700 or 512mb of 3500? also, amd setup versus p4?

by the way, the one thing i HATE about amd is the heat - did u see the amount of fans i got running in my rig? i have like over 350 cfm if i turn them all on!

ohhh, I thought you were talkin 1 gig of equal speed ram vs. 512. in that case I'd go with the 512 I think. most programs won't use 512, let alone 1 gig, so you may as well get the higher speed, though the extreme headroom of 1 gig is nice.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it, sadly. not with my current cooling anyway. 2.88 gets unstable with more intensive things like ut 2003 and other really new games, so for now, to keep temps lower and maintain perfect stability I've throttled back to 2.77. I plan on getting a new cpu cooler soon though.

tell me what u have your multiplier to fsb set at.... maybe i can see a problem or something.

either u have the fsb set too high and the ram is being overworked - or something.

anyway, i think everyone wishes their interior is as neat as voodoo and falcon makes theirs... they custom "cut" the cords so they PERFECTLY fit to where they are supposed to hook up to! my god!

here is the inside itself! i swear it looks better in real life! LOL.

yeah, i gave up trying to tidy it up - there is just no way i can... i got so many wires from all the gadgetry i have in my case... fan controller, 6 fans, flip-switches for accessories, a thermometer, leds, cathodes, 3 harddrives.... tooooooo much! I QUIT.

post-11745-1381924839607_thumb.jpg

Nice looking computers dudes,I have a modified LianLi PC70 as main PC case.

All fans are Delta 60 and 80mm(51,68CFM units).Antec 550 TruePower

CPU 2.4Ghz 533 at 3.150(700FSB)and ASUS P4G8X Deluxe motherboard,Corsair PC3700 512MB x4

The PC is 100% stable if temperature in the room is kept no higher than 20 Celcius,above the PC rejects me to the desktop in heavy games during heavy gaming(UT fragfests).CPU voltage is set at 1.65.

Above 3.0GHz is very realistic if CPU batch is good.If pushed most newer 2.4GHz P4's should be capable of at least 3.0Ghz,with a very light voltage boost.Providing the PSU and CPU cooling are doing their job.