legend upgrade?

hammerin

I have a pair of klf10s that I will probably have till the end of time and there are afew adjustments that i would like to do. One of them would be to change the horn from the polymere dome to a titanium dome tweet?

if i were to do this < if possible > would i have to change anything with the xover ???

denon avr3300

denon dvm3700

klf10s mains

kg 3.5 rears

rc311

Boston acoust. pv-800

Why do you want to change the tweeter? Do you not like the sound you're currently getting?

You know, just because something in the audio (or any other) world is "newer" does not necessarily mean it's "better". The designers of the Legend series put the components together with an ear and mind for what made for a terrific sound (I like the word "synergy").

Take a look at the Klipschorn: some of the parts admittedly have been upgraded over the years, but I bet you could stack up a mid-late fifties K-Horn with just about any other current higher-end speaker (Martin-Logans, Maggies, as a couple of examples), and the mighty Horn would likely kick their asses.

Better money spent, without altering the original designers' intent on your KLF10's, would be on quality cabling, if you do not already have it... Rat Shack and Monster belong in Bose systems; Klipsch and better audio components enjoy better cables.