new reference home theater

chief7771

After dealing with Kenwood HTIB speakers for about 3-4 years now, I finally went to my local deler and got the full Reference line setup. I must say that I only considered the new Reference line after seeing an ad insert in one of my home theater mags. I immediately fell in love with them. I had been considering the hometheaterdirect.com line of speakers. I got a special offer of 25%! off the entire line of Klipsch. I got 2 RF 25, 2 RB 15, RC 25 and a RW 10. The sub will be in apparently the end of the month. Even while still using my old Kenwood 8" sub, the increased bass response is incredible! I love the high frequency response and brightness of these speakers. However, I have noticed the center speaker sounds distorted at times, kind of staticky, or over powered. The box was factory sealed and not sure if I should exchange it or not. They have a 30 day exchange policy.

exchange !!! electrically something is either shorted or it isnt, if it is you would know immediatly, sounds more like good old fashioned bad connections internally, but since it is under warranty, dont waste your time, return it, and get one that works right, thats what you paid for right?12.gif

Yeah, I was going to get the htd speakers, but 25% off I couldn't resist. I have a 100w Kenwood VR309 reciever. It was worth the HTIB purchase. I just hung the RB15s with some Omnimount ceiling hangers. Had to jerry-rig a little, went through the ceiling tiles, but they look great.

I actually think it sounds pretty good. I can't complain for what I paid. Three to 4 years ago it was a frequently recommended piece. High sensitivity is one reason I got the reference line. I also considered Infinity, but read about really taxing your receiver.

rob

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my RW-10 sub about a week ago. Man, it rocks! It will take a while to fine tune w/ my receiver. Bass is very tight, but I prefer boomy. Hope this will loosen up with use. Any suggestions on the phase control and crossover settings? What do these actually do? Not sure what to set these at. I have a direct connection from pre out on receiver to input on sub.

rob