Anyone got a manual for the Black Widow tonearm?

fini

JaS, from the Vinyl Engine, was kind enough to send a scan in PDF! He says te forum will be back up soon. Nice guy, and valuable resource, that forum! Seems most people wanna make a buck (or 20) for a simple scan. It is refreshing to run across someone who is helpful...like folks here!!

fini

P.S. If anyone wants a copy, just send $10 to fini@ripoff.com.

P.P.S. Just kidding!!

Fini:

I bought a Denon DP1000 t-table back around '77 and had the Black Widow arm installed. Delicate thing, ain't it?

FWIW, I tried a lot of cartridges on it and settled on a Grace F9L. Good synergy and the F9L wasn't one of those cartridges whose suspension would crap out if you burped next to it. They show up on Ebay.

What current cartridge are you considering? It needs to be high-compliance for sure.

Mike,

It'll be a Shure V15 type IV, with a type III replacement stylus (Shure is out of the type IV styluses). I'm waiting for the stylus to arrive. Are you currently without TT?

fini

No t-t now. I sold my SOTA Star about 7 years ago and also sold a lot of my LPs (French/Brit EMI, Mercs, Astree, Shaded/White Dogs, Hyperion). Damn!!

I've thought about getting another t-t, like a Music Hall MMF-7 or Rega, but I'm not sure I'll be happy with that level of quality. I don't feel like spending $5-10K and then having to hunt decent LPs down.