dedicated 2 channel speakers???

ok... i have a really awesome klipsch home theatre set-up.... KLF-30's mains, Klf-C7 center , RS-3's surrounds, Veleodyne CT-15 Subwoofer....

I run the mains off of a Carver TFM-25 amplifier (225 watts per channel) and the center and surrounds off of a pioneer elite receiver (90 watts per channel)....

for movies this setup is really incredible.... i continually find myself amazed at the sound when i play the latest dvd....

stereo however.... i have issues with certain recordings.... i hear distortions in fast piano transients...in diana krall recordings, wynton marsalsis recordings, and certain piano concertos....

some people have recommended different speakers for a "2 channel setup"... others have recommended a different 2 channel main amplifier.....

i love the klipsch sound...but i cannot tolerate the distortion i hear in about 5% of my recordings....

i am also on a budget...... i would love to buy the megabuck speakers and/or amplifier that would solve my problems..... but with child support and the rest of the bills it's not going to happen....

i would appreciate any suggestions.....

i just won an auction on ebay for a dynaco sca-35 tube amplifier...going to give that a shot.....

You are close to the path.

Get the cheapest horn 3 way you can afford.

Heresey, Forte YADAYDA....

Older tube integrated

Fisher, Eico, Scott

Then VINYL

For less than $ 1500 you can have a killer unit; 2 channel only!

Since my wife is away i may fire one more nasty tune up on the HIFI

With the Dynaco pre PAS 2 and the 7591 Scottie power

Minn_Male:

What Source (CD Player) Are You Using Now? I Bet that adding a good Cd Player to the mix would get you on the right path.

I heard a few Marantz, Rotel's and I own A Cambridge Audio D500se. But, IMHO none of these units compare to a Good Sony ES (777es, 9000es, 555es) Model. With the Sony's at work, the Cd's I brought sounded more like real music. Soundstaging, Airy Highs, Decay notes and Piano's had real weight to them etc etc......Of course the 9000es model from above is only avalible from the used markets now that it's discontinued. May be worth a try. Note: I Beleive The 9000es didn't do cd-r's

Take your amp to your nearest Sony ES Dealer, and give some of their higher end models a listen. May turn out to be just what the Dr. odered....

Jalen