Scott 299c needs a good home

Daddy Dee

Well, the WAF is starting to have an impact on the inventory of amplifiers I'm o.k. to keep around the house.

Have got a freshly rebuilt 299c by NOSValves. It is very nice, as one would expect from Craig. Also, he ships amps wrapped better than a dead pharoah. 1.gif

I have been thoroughly enjoying one of his 299b's I purchased from another member of this forum and I had been intensely curious about the sound of the 7591 output tubes and one really cool feature. In addition to the derived center channel output, the 299C has a volume control for this output that is not available on other amps. A fine feature to control volume to a sub. Anyway, I have found that I prefer the overall sound of the 299b and while the 299c is certainly respectable and well regarded in this forum, just can't keep both. I've got several items I've got to get out on Ebay. Thought I'd give the forum first shot.

Price would be $550 including vintage output tubes that Craig says test good and strong. Looks good, no case. If the buyer replaces the 7591 tubes with the 7591A which is in production, those tubes may be too tall to fit inside the case.

email me with questions. Haven't asked Craig, but I'm sure he'd be glad to respond to any questions about the amp, too.

Regards,

Dee