should I spend the extra money???????

simplyso

Would it be worth it to spend the extra 400 - 500 dollars and get rf-35 towers and the rc-35 center over the r-25 towers and rc-25 center. I have a panasonic 5x100 reciever and a 5 disc dvd player. I will also be buying a sub and surrounds later on. I will be ordering one of these systems on thursday, any input is greatly appreciated. 16.gif

When I was getting into HT the blind test rated the RF7 and RF3 number 1 and 2 of 7 sets of speakers. I choose to go with the RF3 setup so I would be able to have a complete 5.1 setup. I eventually ended up with the R7 series and love them. I was able to upgrade quickly because I picked up a part time job; could not justify taking that kind of monies out of the family budget.

My recommendation is to buy the biggest you can afford and add on. I am not sure what is worse not having everyting right now or wondering how the other set of speakers would have sounded.

I feel your impatient pain. See if the dealer has an upgrade program or if a compromise of the difference between the 25 and 35 can be reached.

Good luck

Scott

I say do the Pepsi challenge with the two speakers and what difference you can hear. My experience has been that over time your ear will become more picky at any rate.

I have the RC-35, it already seems as though it is the bare minumum that I could get away with.

I have also heard many people say very positive things about the RX-35 system.

The place that I am buying them from doesn't have either of them in stock. I have heard the rf-5's and rf-3-II there when they had them and loved the sound of them. The rf-5's are too much money for me. Thats why I asked you guys if it was worth it to spend the extra dollars on the r-35's because I won't be able to listen to them before I buy them.

simplyso,

Just a few weeks ago I A/B'ed the 25's and the 35's. I sat in the chair in the local sound shop with my eyes closed and had the sales person switch between the two. There was a distinct difference between the two. The 25's had a slightly deeper sound (some may call it muffled) and not as open in high end. I told the sales person that the 35's were much more open with respect to the size of the sound stage. I could always tell when he switched the speakers and which one was playing. I purchased the 35's without reservation. I say go with the 35's the cost is not that much.