Widespread Panic in Concert. <images>

Tony Boone

----------------

On 7/20/2003 3:17:52 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Great pictures, Tony...ever consider being a photographer for Rolling Stone magazine? Love that PRS sunburst guitar in that last photo...cool!

----------------

Thank you for your kind comments. Actually I would like to do photography professionally which is why I went to the WSP concert to begin with. Wanted to capture more images for my portfolio and gain additional experience.

Wasn't prepared for what awaited me standing in the crowd about 50 from the front of the band. Some pretty wild people there. Would rather have sat up in the seats but then I wouldn't have been able to shoot the show.

In any event the overall experience was a good one.

Thanks again,

Tony B.

You've got to be kiddin', right?

"Is that a 200mm f/2.8 telephoto lens in your pants, or are you happy to see me?" 4.gif

For cryin' out loud, man...become a lifetime member to the International Freelance Photographers Organization and get yourself a press pass that'll allow you all the access you need to get those pictures, whether it's front row seats to a sporting event or a concert.

I was a part time freelance photographer years ago, and I even shot a few weddings in my day. Like everything else, I hit upon hard times and had to pawn off all my vintage Olympus gear (and my stereo, furniture, antiques...everything that mattered to me). I had access to my brother's Olympus C3020 digital camera (and now a new Nikon), but it's not the same as my ol' manual-everything OM-3 35mm and a super-fast 55mm f/1.2 lens or my trusty Vivitar 285 HV bounce flash! I miss all by camera bodies and countless lenses...maybe someday I'll be able to get back into it again.

Those digital Nikon SLR's are beautiful cameras, and the picture quality is top-notch! My brother's latest Nikon Coolpix 990 is a pretty sophisticated point'n'shooter with remarkable macro capabilities! Hey, any man who loves Nikons (and goes to great lengths to get great shots), along with his harman/kardon, McIntosh, Hafler, Magnapan, and especially Klipsch products, is alright in my book!16.gif