Mandaville Horus - picture 1 attempt

Who know´s mike and magnaquest may wind you guys (or me a member of the modest OPT club, lol!) a set of cobalt or other trick OPTs when and if you (we) decide to do it. a few words from Jeff to Mike and I bet he´d make us some. Maybe for Christmas? regards, tony

----------------

On 7/27/2003 8:03:47 AM sunnysal wrote:

Who know´s mike and magnaquest may wind you guys (or me a member of the modest OPT club, lol!) a set of cobalt or other trick OPTs when and if you (we) decide to do it. a few words from Jeff to Mike and I bet he´d make us some. Maybe for Christmas? regards, tony

----------------

I'd be surprised to see cobalt OPT again from MagneQuest. The main problem is the huge investment he has to make to buy those cobalt laminations. There is one or two source worldwide of this type of cobalt allow and users for this are pretty rare (users are found mostly in the military).

The high cost of these OPTs makes that no companies will use them, except for Gordon Rankin of Wavelenght Audio (in amps costing 15 000 USD). The result of this is that the market is limited to the DIYers with deep pocket. Probably Mike feels that he reached a plateau where most guys that wanted cobalts got them.

The only way I see some cobalt OPT in the future is through purchase groups or if a manufacturer order him a large batch.