anyone got the radeon 9700 demos?

prodj101

eh dont sweat it prodj. the 9800 pro is the FASTEST videocard out there anyway.

the 5900 ultra 256mb is not the fastest - the newer 3dmarks2003 version 3.30 shows that the 5900 is not as fast as the 9800.

futuremark has recently announced that the 5900 series "cheats" on the benchmarks by RENDERING ONLY THE VISION YOU SEE DURING THE BENCHMARK - so basically this means that if you paused the benchmark (in the middle of running it) - and look around, you will see a LOT of artifacting because the surrounding area was not rendered in detail.

THUS, 5900 was supreme on the past 3dmarks2003 - but no longer. Version 3.30 takes care of this cheat.

----------------

On 8/1/2003 8:34:19 PM prodj101 wrote:

if only they could be run on ATI cards....
15.gif

----------------

It is possible to run the original Dawn demo on some ATI cards...I think it has to be a 9700 or better. Here's the link to the message board discussion w/instructions:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=0ef14d4dbe98f8f7f7125ea5eb28428d&threadid=33687489

If that one doesn't work this one is a bit shorter:

http://www.rage3d.com/articles/atidawning/

----------------

On 8/2/2003 3:27:29 AM prodj101 wrote:

I have a 9800 and it says it will only work with specific nvidia cards with specific features.

----------------

Did you download the GL Wrapper (or whatever it's called)? It worked fine for me on my 9700 Pro. And from what I've read it actually runs better than on Nvidia's cards!!!

9.gif

ProDj,

Any 9500,9700 and 9800 will run the Nvidia Dawn demos,as was posted above you need a small download.And voila

I tested with a 9800PRO(hey I have ATI too,they are Canadian after all 9.gif ).

And yes its true ATI has better products since the 9500/9700 hit the market.

ATI made a most impressive comeback!

I have eight Nvidia based cards and three ATI's,five of them doing nothing.ASUS GF2 Ultra/GF3 Ti500/GF4 4600/FX5800/FX5900Ultra 256 as for ATI its the 8500/9700PRO and 9800PRO 256MB.I clearly lost my mind,I decided to make a collection.In a box I have the first Diamond TNT 16MB,a TNT 2 Ultra 32MB and the original GeForce DDR!LOL Now I am looking to find the original Rage 128 32MB TV/OUT and Radeon DDR/VIVO.

I am glad Nvidia had met its match and more.Good competition is always good for us the customers 1.gif

I get the following message

This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run. Unsupported fatures:

NV_primitive_restart

NV_vertex_array_range

NV-pixel_data_range

NV_fence

NV_register_combiners

NV_register_combiners2

NV_vertext_program

NV_fragment_program

WGL_EXT_Allocate_memory

hey ear,

do you still remember the original costs of some of those cards - back in the day? i think i remember the geforce3TI500 being 599... not sure though - but i would hate to think the day when my 9700 can no longer run a game.... noooooo!!!

the need to upgrade always lurks! dammit!!

like i said before prodj.... dammit!

that is what i HATE about pc - they always become obsolete - every single one of the parts i put in (u put in, everyone in the whole world puts in) becomes worthless!

that is why i like audio - u can spend 1000 on a good svs sub - and 5 years down the line - it is STILL a damm good sub!

exactly. I just built my comp a few months ago and now it's already outdated. makes me sick. os I just try not to read the tech magazines otherwise I find myself feeling ashamed of my comp because it doesn't have a 3.2 ghz processor and 800 mhz FSB.

how do you think i feel?

my videocard is no longer the best in the world! dammitman!

yeah - but what really counts is the fact that i built it myself and i would never trade it for any other pc out there (well - maybe just the insides 9.gif )... mainly because of the fact that i poured sweat over this guy.

whenever i look at my pc - i know that it is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece... not some blimey run-off-the-mill crap.

it may not be the best anymore - but there really is no need for that in the end. it plays everything i want it to play - i can do pretty much everything i need to.

it is a-ok in my book!