When to expect new Reference Speakers?

Roast

Does anyone know when to expect seeing the new Reference Speakers popping up in our local audio stores?

I'm eager to take a listen to the RF-5's and 7's to see if my Legends need an upgrade Wink.gif

Also are the new subs expected later after the refernce speaks? this maybe why they're not on the website yet?

Thanks!

-Jeff

------------------

-Roast-

Guest JimG

RS-7's go into production in about a week. The RF-5 and 7 and RC-7 follow about a week or so behind. The RB-3 is scheduled for June production, while the RSW's will arrive late summer. As for when you will see them in your dealers, well that depends on if he has ordered them yet.

Jim

Tweeter is already advertising the RF-5, but not the RF-7, in its catalog. BTW, Tweeter's catalogs can be terribly inaccurate. They referred to the RB5 has having a 6.5 inch woofer. Very sloppy.

Anyway, I am eager to go audition the new Reference ASAP, though I'll hold onto my KLF 20s for quite some time.

Unless, maybe, the Reference will be offered in Medium Oak? I would recommend that for those of us who have oak furniture. Please?

Although I don't begrudge Klipsch making product updates and improvements, I must say that I am disappointed that the RP-3 adn Rp-5 were discontinued. The only problem they had were that they were seldom set-up with the proper equipment. In my local area, they often had to play second fiddle in the high end listening room (meaning the least adventageous space in that listening room)and often stuck with the Adcom equipment, while the Martin Logan's got the Krell or Sunfire equipment.

Properly placed and with the proper equipment, these speakers could outshine almost any speaker in the market (and in my opinion the RP-3 was much better sounding than the RF-3). These two new reference speakers have a high mark to hit to surpass the RP-3 and Rp-5.

Anyone know the reason why Klipsch decided to can the RP-3 and RP-5?

cc, c "are these being discontinued" thread under Home Theater.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!