R-3 system

MotorHead

I've been looking to buy an R-3 system, so I've been tracking the prices on Ebay and various price comparison sites. Over the past month, the average price on Ebay for 2 RF-3's, an RC-3, 2 RS3's and a KSW 12 would be about $1580.

Reliable Audio has a package price of $1495 for:

RF3II's

RC35

RS3II's

KSW12

Are these speakers a good match? What am I missing here?

sounds like a good deal.

have you gone to goodguys.com and checked them out?

i think they have 10% off all their audio products - and free shipping if your order is over 199.

i have heard of many members on this forum haggling with goodguys and actually walk out with an even better deal on their klipsch setup.

MotorHead-

I ended up purchasing my Reference 3's via a package deal over a year ago. I quickly decided that for my HT & Music pleasure, the KSW-12 just didn't cut it and VERY quickly I sold it and purchased a SVS Ultra. If you can talk your way into a package deal with the RSW-10 or RSW-12 subwoofers, you will be getting a much better sounding system. The KSW-12 just really can't keep pace with the Reference series speakers, it will sound boomy and loose. Its kinda like you sitting at a stoplight and having someone with a LOUD stereo pull up next to you and its rattling their license plate (and the rust off the car 2.gif) and just sounds ill-defined. Granted, the KSW-12 doesn't put out that kind of SPL's, but you get the picture. I for one, prefer my base tight, fast, balanced with the other frequencies, and transparent. Some users are very happy with the KSW series, I just wasn't one of them.

BTW, the Reference 3's are great speakers, you will enjoy them if you like the klipsch sound!

Cheers

-Dave

Thanks for the replies.

I just ordered an R-3II system with the KSW12. I've heard before that I probably won't be happy with the KSW12, but the premium for the RSW was a bit over my budget. I figured I'd give the KSW a try, and with the way Klipsch prices are on Ebay these days, I could probably sell it for more than I paid! ;)

I did check the prices at goodguys.com, but they were about $2100 and they didn't have everything in stock. I ended up buying it from Reliableaudiovideo.com for $1679, including shipping. I've heard both good and bad about these guys, but Carlos seemed knowledgable and the price was the best out there. We'll see if they deliver.