Weight of RC-7?

KWTX

----------------

On 8/6/2003 9:00:25 PM KWTX wrote:

Is it OK to put this 42 lb speaker directly on top of my Hitachi 57S500?

Keith

----------------

Does the manual for the TV have anything indicating how heavy something can be placed on top? I have heard others placing this speaker on top of thier TVs and they had no problems. Mine is on top of my behemeth of an entertainment center, since none of the shelves was large enough to accomodate it.

----------------

On 8/6/2003 9:00:25 PM KWTX wrote:

Is it OK to put this 42 lb speaker directly on top of my Hitachi 57S500?

Keith

----------------

They sell brackets to attach to the top of the tv to help spread the weight more evenly and allow you to angle the center speaker. I don't know what your tv looks like but it's pretty universal. Almost every audio store carrys them.

If the weight distribution is proper and the to plastic panel does not bend too much there should be no problems.

I used my RC7 on a cheapie Toshiba 27" Cinema Series TV!And I had to stick rubber feed to support the extending back screws to angle the center towards the listening chair.Never had any problems,the RC7 was secure and held in place well.

GO and buy your self a piece of glass the size of the top of the tv. Then put rubber feet only in the cornors. Put the speaker on top of this. You have a RPTV and I would not want to put that much weight on top of the unit. With the glass it will put the wieght on the cornors where it won't effect the screen.