Need advice/ tips on my home theater idea(s)

mtber101

What I have now:

Klipsch Promedia 5.1' and 2 SWS subs connected to a creative audigy mp3+. To me this sounds great....but I think it's time to move into the HT arena and play with the big dogs.

What i'm thinking....

Fronts= RF-7

Center= RC-7

Rears= RS-7

Sub= SVS B4-Plus w/ Crown K1 amp

Aragon 2007 amp

(Future) add another pair of RS-7's for 7.1 surround

Now for the receiver i was thinking of the aragon stage 1. Then using my soon to own brand new alienware Area 51m as my "media center" dvd's, cd's, games(able to blow the doors off of the promedia 5.1's), mp3's etc.

Would you guys do anything different and for what reason(s)?

Your choice of main speakers/center are A ok.Your choice of sub is fantastic(the B4-Plus is a MONSTER in a class of ultra subs).

Where I would change is your sourround...unless you have no space get RF5's or even better another pair of RF7's for the back sourrounds.

I use RF7's back and front,RC7 ...center and RF5's as side sourrounds.I also have a pair of RB5's just in case I decide to try a Yamaha with front effect channels. 9.gif

Full effect sourrounds bring the total experience with movies.I know I would not keep anything below RB5's as sourrounds.

With all due respect to the EAR, I wouldn't change a thing. I use RS-7's for surrounds with a pair of klipschorns and a belle klipsch front speaker, and I'm very satisfied with the sonic results.

To be honest though, it kinda depends on what you want surrounds to do. Provide ambience? Then the RS7 is the way to go. It will blend into the overall accoustic in a very natural way. But if you are enthused with the notion of having music all around you, the so-called "stage perspective", then the only right way to go would be whatever you have in front, which in your case would appear to be RF7's and a RC7.

That is one hell of a step up.

It took me a while to finally close on the RF7s, RC7 and (4 ) RS7 and 2 SVS PC2039+ setup.

I tried the RF3 II and they sounded great butthe RF7s were well worth the premium.

On the SVS if you have the room have you given tought to 2 PB2+ versus 1 B4+?

What kind of room would i need for the B4 and what kind of room would i need for the PB2+?

I was thinking about going RF7 all the way around....and would most likely upgrade to them if i don't do it first time. But i like to do thing right the first time:) 7.1 surround with all rf7's would be sick!!!

Also what would the two PB2+'s subs give me that the B4 can't?

Looks as though you are on the right track to me!! As a rule of thumb, I prefer to match all full range speakers. Some say that certain rear speakers will give a more enveloping sound for ambience. While this is certainly true, I am a lot more interested in music than movies. I am satisfied with the performance of identical speakers all around in the few cases (other than mine) where I have encountered them. I find that placement and proper delay settings (get the measuring tape out) can give me all the ambience I want. YMMV.

Ok here is the plan....

Fronts= RF-7

Center= RC-7

Surrounds= RS-7 (2pair)

That is the movie setup...now for the music setup:

Add another pair of RF7's in rear and use the front RF7's along with the sub and a pair of the surrounds. Thus just leaving out the surrounds all the way in the back. Now my only question is...if i go with the stage 1 and 2007 should i just change out two of the surrounds and replace them with the RF7's (how often do you go from music to movies is what i'm thinking) or does the stage 1 have a/b speaker set to where i could get a 2channel amp to the second set of surrounds and replace them with the RF7's...