Has this bb gone bad?

Seb

Hi all.

You know, i remember coming here for the first time last May, and being totally astonished. What? A company putting up an uncensored bulletin board where people could express their opinions on the products? I thought Klipsch must have been pretty damn confident that their products were delighting customers, or else they would never had done such a thing.

Well, up to a couple weeks ago, Klipsch had won their bet. This bb had a good spirit, people were helping each other, and every time someone had a bad experience with a faulty products his opinion was totally turned around by the helpful tech support as well as by other customers who tried to help him the best they could. This bb was perfect. Flaming was almost non existent and it was a place where one could learn A LOT about Klipsch, but even more about audio in general and even computers and soundcards. It was a place where people could express their opinions on diverse subjects, and where the exchange of knowledge and ideas was great. That is why I stayed on this board, trying to be a part of this amazing community.

And a few weeks ago, things started to go bad. People were complaining because they didn't get the cp-1 for nothing, because they were frustrated they bought the v2.400 and Klipsch upgraded it right after to the 4.1, because the pros "had no midrange" when in fact it's just that they have great bass and highs but the midrange is not quite up to par (remember what your mom told you, perfection does not exist)...

I had never seen a thread closed on this bulletin board before, and now there have been several in the past 2 weeks! That is an indications that all is not well in the Klipsch kingdom.

The new generation of Klipschers seem to be disgrunteld pricks who want perfection without paying more than 249$. They ***** and whine about everything they please, not caring about how it destroys the great spirit of this bb. Even old foes like GT came back to take advantage of that new climate.

Well, I just want to say that it really disappoints me, but if it goes on like this, I am not going to visit the Promedia section of this bb. I'll stick to the Home Audio section, where it's not all full of disrespectful teenagers who like to complain about every little thing that's not perfectly right.

Flame me all you want, but at least I expressed this opinion as peacefully as I could considering I'm pretty pissed about the situation. If you feel offended by this post, well you probably should. As we say 'round here, if the hat fits you, put it on. In other words, if you feel targeted by this post, then you should probably ask yourself some questions.

Please people, go back to the ancient Klipsch bb spirit, or just stop posting here, and don't buy Klipsch ever again. IMO, not a great loss for this community.

------------------

'cuz nobody ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

I gotta agree with Seb here. He may be a bit cynical at times but he makes a good point. The pro's have always been top of the line, thats why we were all wanting and impulse buying them in the first place. Theres no reason for all the hassle, I mean, I thought about the pro v2.400's for months even though I knew the 4.1's were gonna be released in a few months. I mean, if midrange was the thing you could of bought a different system or an ht. But klipsch in my opinion is kinda like buying a saturn, you buy klipsch, your part of the klipsch family, you buy pro's knowing that its the innovation and service behind it that makes it all worth it, not the frills and fancy remotes. We've all had our gripe, and its time to get back to basics and live in klipsch glory. If your gonna complain, complain somewhere else because no where does this forum say v.2-400 complaints. Thats all.

JEEBUS WILL SAVE US!!!!

Power to the klipsch.

- Ric

Guest Webmaster

Very well put Seb, We at klipsch will not tolerate flaming if you have a complaint and can't get in answered then call 1-800-Klipsch and speak with customer service or e-mail support@klipsch.com or promedia@klipsch.com. I'm closing this thread because I want it to end on a good note. Again we want this forum to be an enjoyable place for people that want to learn about audio and share with others what they know to come to.

• 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

Great post Seb,long time no see.Where is the giant mayo jar?

TheEAR(s) Now theears

this thread is like a year or so old, i was bumping it up because it was still pertinant.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

pretty funny how old topics come back into fashion once in a while...

yes, believe it or not, I still check in once in a while, but I obviously don't participate nearly as much as before, for various reasons...

still kickin'

-Seb

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

yes, believe it or not, I still check in once in a while, but I obviously don't participate nearly as much as before, for various reasons...

still kickin'

-Seb

On sabatical and STILL in the top 25 list! Congrats Smile.gif The Top 5 no less! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me