Acoustic Edge Problem

KaiserKT1

It's one of the software settings. something to do about the fake rear speakers that it can make. it should be off to improve bass.

I dont know any more...look around your sound card control panel, and ask insane3d and enigmus, i believe THEY have the same card.

------------------

"Feh."

Hey Dragon. I do have tone control set to on and have messed with it so that it sounds decent. On my pro's though, the bass is cranked all the way up, and it still ain't as impressive. What are all your settings set at? Maybe I can duplicate them and see what that does for me. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

KaiserKT1, man, is this weird<g>! I just won an AE from soundcardcentral, and when I installed it (swapped out an SBLive MP3+) I found just the opposite - the bass was overpowering. To the point that I couldn't dial it down enough to make music listenable.

This is w/ the PM 2.1's. I finally had to swap out the AE and put my MP3+ card back in. Once I got the eq settings right (never could w/ the AE) the combo of the MP3+ and 2.1's is awesome.

So, now I sit here w/ a sound card (AE) that's received rave reviews, only to find it unusable. And, the QSurround feature I found to be gimmicky at best.