Frequency Tones Needed

justin_tx_16

If anyone has a good source of frequency tones, especially for a the lower frequencies, could you post links to them? I am on my way out to get the Radio Shack SPL meter and am going to compare the ProMedia 5.1 sub to the ProMedia SWS and need both of these things to do so.

Thank you greatly.

Ok, what I can tell you right now is the ProMedia SWS whoops the blankity blank out of the ProMedia 5.1 subwoofer. Wow.

Thanks again, the PocketPC version is most excellent as I can walk around the house and test all the subs and systems, wonderful, thanks again!!!

Just goes to show that your mind can play tricks on you. This is the ProMedia SWS Subwoofer vs. the ProMedia 5.1 Subwoofer measured at one meter in the same room with the same placement. Room is silent from sounds outside the room. All A/C and fans, phones, any other electronics less those required in this testing turned off. (it got pretty darn hot in there!)

ProMedia-SWS-vs-5.1-Sub.gif

Justin thanks for the graphs, it is strange that none of them is able (following your graphs) to play anything below 50Hz or something like that. I mean, it drops like a stone 10dB lower than that as the frequency goes down.

Do you have any other multimedia subs at hand? it would be really interesting to see a comparo between the Klipsch's and some Altec 641's, the logitech's and Megaworks... 9.gif

• 1 month later...

square wave generator, or sinosodial, pink noise or white noise did you know that the new audidgy 2zs ha a white noise generator function, i don`t think you will find any thing at radio shack worth talking about ,justin all the subs will not produce better than a 40 cycle wave form if that ,save your money enjoy them for what they are, after all look at the total harmonic distortion spec .1% this is dirty in the real audiophile world, these are good systems but not the best.