I need a preamp

hammerin

You need to start "hammerin'" the archives! Did you read the posts surrounding yours? One has the words "NEED A PREAMP" in the title. You know, there are some fine suggestions there. Take a look. You would be surprised at all answers nearby, some within a few inches.

NEED A PREAMP??? This Cary/AES AE-1 worth a look

IF that doesnt float your boat, take a look at this post that pretty much makes a run of many of the Tube Preamp choices with pictures. I would take a tube preamp ten-fold over a Solid State unit.

TUBE PREAMP RECOMMENDATIONS w/PICS

Do a seach in the 2 Channel archives for all the posts dedicated to preamps in the last few years. You will be reading till your hair turns gray...

kh

Welcome to the forum!!!

It's great to see some new names. Let us know about your speakers to go with those amps of yours.

What do you think of the recommendations MOBILE mentions above?

I found it pretty interesting that on the same page I saw one threat titled "need a preamp?" and another titled "I need a preamp". As a result I've become interested in how the match making is progressing. Please let us know your thoughts on the recommendations and any other options you are exploring.

Again, welcome to the forum.

You might try Bottlehead.com and look at the foreplay a tube pre amp kit that any one can build and costs about $250. with the upgrade package and you will be shocked how good it sounds for the price, I built one and have been useing it for about two years now with no thoughts, or wishs to upgrade, this is one of the true bargains in hi-end audio today.2.gif