If you really wanna rock

scottcenfla

sorry but you have good equipment, but i notice 1 thing, you are disabling your systems natural character. by that i mean you have everything crammed into corners, and stacked on its poor sides, those speakes need to move away from the wall and corner, and they really should stand upright, they were designed in the manner they were to deliver thier particular voice, once you stuff them in corners, and lay them on thier side they just cant breath-perform, loud yes, good no12.gif

Scott,

Just point 'em down at the listening position a little. One of the good things about horns is thier directivity. They are less influenced by the things around them than direct radiating speakers are.

Marksdad,

I'm pretty sure that your speakers are crammed in the corner too. If they are not they should be. 2.gif Hope you wake up in a better mood tomorrow!

Scott,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Klipsch!!

Dan

I'm well aware of the fact that floor standers don't image well on thier sides. I would guess from the title of the post and the fact that Scott has 4 mains in a room that small, that he is interested in maximum SPL and not what part of the stage Miles Davis was standing on when he emptied his spit valve. It looks to me like putting those speaks up there was a creative use of wasted space, and proably a lot of hard work. I am also pretty sure that when a guy posts a picture of his rig after putting that much work into it, he is looking to show off and not expecting a heaping helping of audiophile grade negativity.

Once again, nice work Scott and welcome to the forum.

I'm off, Lee Morgan is playing LIVE in my living room and I'm missing it!!

Dan

Not to sound negative, but I have to agree, you typically shouldn't shove the ref's up against the wall, blocking the port in the rear.

If you don't believe that, just whip out a SPL meter and measure the room response with that setup (the whole sound spectrum), then pull them out some from the walls and stand them up straight. Make sure all those fronts and subs are in phase and working together. Repeat your measurements. Experiment w/different distances from the wall.

If you need some help w/the graphs, post 'em here and get some good feedback. My system sounded great to me, but when I did the above exercise, it uncovered all sorts of peaks/nulls, once I adjusted some levels and tried different speaker positions, the system sounds much better--rid of the annoying peaks and major nulls. You never know how bad those peaks/nulls were until they are gone.

Or, you can stack them all on to of each other, laying down in one corner and they will still rock, just not as much and accurately.2.gif

Now that is some good constructive criticism. I did not realize that those speakers have rear ports. A much better response than "Why?"

I too have spent may hours trying to find the perfect placement for the speakers in my room to achieve accuracy.

However, with the space constraints in the picture, the two sets of mains would be side by side. It looks like with the allthread in the ceiling attaching to the joists that it would take alot of work to undo what Scott has done. The point I'm getting at is not that Scott's system couldn't be better than it is, because everyone's system could be better. It is simply that friendly constructive crtiticizm is less likely to drive people away than short arrogant responses like "Why?"