Well that's it...

maxg

I just lent my TT to a friend and he managed to break the Damn BPS cartridge. Whilst he is promising to pay for the original it is the 3rd one that has blown in 7 months. The design of this cart is way too problematic for me.

Just been over to my supplier - who tells me I am fast becoming his best cartrdige customer. Anyway he just fitted a clearaudio virtuoso for me to try out so if it sounds any good I will stick with that - enough of this exposed design non-sense...

Do my eyes deceive me? Could that be Kelly posting on the 2 channel forum again - my things change when you are away.....

As for this Clearaudio cartridge....hmmmm.....well....I now understand why someone might want 2 arms on their pickup. From what I can tell to date (about 4 hours listening) this thing is made for classical - blows the bps away no doubt about it, but for rock....how do I put a second arm on a Project RPM 4???

Yet to try Jazz / blues / Soul etc - meant to - but made the mistake of putting on Aida and kinda ended up listening to the whole thing - all 6 sides.

Anyway nice to see you back Kelly....