First music in DVD format

chinoloco

I bought my first music in DVD media today.

I got the "Hell Freeze Over" DVD in DTS 5.1 format. Its just regular DVD, no need for DVD-Audio player. Wow is all I can say. Its much different from the CD. The highs are sharper, the stage presence is much more defined. All I can say is what the hell was I thinking waiting so long. I get my first universal player next week. I am pretty excited. I have Norah Jones on SACD already in anticipation.

This is taking me back when DVD movies just started, everyone was trying to figure out DIVX or DVD and every week you scoured the stores hoping for something that was any good was released.

The Eagles put on a great show for sure.There's lots of good concerts out there,maybe some of your favorite bands.DVD concerts are great bang for the buck because you can watch and/or listen over and over with good quality sound.

I guess since DTSentertainment is the one who mixed the product, its only logical they used DTS 5.1.

Couple of other comments...

Its not a bad alternative using DTS 5.1 music Mode and not DVD-A, because you can use Digital Medium like a TOSlink or Digital Coaxial instead of the analog cables. Alot of people are upset that DVD-A is not through the TOSlink or Digital Coaxial. With this method, DTS decoding will allow for music to pass through the the digital media. Also, it will work on any DVD player that supports DTS (which is like 100% of new DVD players now), so the everyday person does not have to have the DVD-A hardware. I guess the thinking is to get DVD-A quality without the need for DVD-A hardware and by keeping it Audio only, I am sure they can get more music Data on the DVD. I sure enjoyed it.