Dumb Question

lojikal

I have a friend with a set of Klipsch speakers that are too big for his entertainment center. The thing is, we don't know the model, make or anything else about them except the following: LS-BR (whatever that means) and he also told me this "...on the Horn speaker it says K-55-Z" If anyone can give me any sort of insight to this 'mystery,' please let me know.

lojikal,

Sounds like you have a pair of LaScala's (LS) in Birch (B) the ® stands for raw, meaning unfinished. Take a look under the Heritage series for the specs. You have some keepers there.

Eric

------------------

You take Visa?

nevermind that last post... it just took me a minute to find them. That's what they are, so thanks a lot!

By the way, my friend was looking to get rid of them since they don't fit in his setup, so if you know someone that may be interested, let me know and we can talk on the phone.

respect

jason

jason - Yeah, those speakers are a carcinogen, and in fact they impart deadly particles into the air of any home that they are in -- kind of like mold! Fortunately, my house has a special air treatment system that can handle them, so I'd be willing to let you friend send them to me for safekeeping. All he has to pay is shipping -- I won't even charge a storage fee. He will live longer as a result, and you'll be a true friend for urging him to do this. Wink.gif

dougdrake-

That is a wonderful idea. Give me your address and I will have my friend pay for the shipping. This will,in turn make his life longer and save you money on a good set of speakers. If you have any other information (like the particle emission!) or bright suggestions, just write them down on a piece of paper and shove them up your ***.

Disrespect

Jason

yea but we can't expect a person that can't find his way around a pretty simple web site to also understand what Wink.gif means.

totally inappropriate response jason. hope the wmaster is watching - we need another "weakest link - goodbye."

we don't need this kinda rif-raf on this forum.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Apparently someone besides myself is the one that can't take a joke. I work at a customer support office and listen to junk all day. I was responding as a joke because I thought it was a joke. Apologies for the tasteless humor. Didn't mean to offend anybody with text.

Jason

lojikal,

amazing how e-mail can sometimes convey things we didn't mean... don't let it bug you too much, I thought your answer was funny...

anywho, as to your question regarding worth, La Scalas turn up on EBay almost daily. They range from $500 to $1500, depending upon year made, cabinet finish, and degree of banged-up-ed-ness. I bought MY La Scalas on EBay for $700 and think I got a great deal. Mine are 1974 vintage, which means they have a metal midrange horn and alnico magnets, which I think are better, they were unveneered (?spell?) plywood painted black and were in good shape - few nicks and such in the outer plywood laminate here and there, no big dents or gashes.

Hope that helps.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

I too have a warped sense of humor.My wife has griped at/to me for 28 years that people sometimes don't understand how to take something I've said.I try to curb my responses around people that don't know me well.I am actually in pursuit of a good laugh most of these times, as I love a good laugh.Life sometimes is not very entertaining,so I entertainment myself.I got a good laugh out of the response lojikal.Just don't let it happen again.Got to go now to check your karma rating. Biggrin.gif

Keith

Thanks to you too Doug for the set-up. Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 05-22-2001 at 06:52 PM

sorry jason as I apparently mistook that myself (but yea a smiley face might have helped Smile.gif).

i'm just still riled by some guy on another thread threatening to spit in my face. watch out getting into

any non-audio stuff Biggrin.gif group hug!

the profile karma seem to be gone. that weakest link mp3 is apparently now the final blow. that's classic Biggrin.gif

Well, I got the joke!

Your friend's La Scalas probably have a K-55-V squawker (midrange) driver. It should be grey and about softball-sized. That is the squawker driver I prefer.

Since they won't fit in his entertainment center, he really need Doug's help. I know Doug and he will give them a good home. Smile.gif

John

I have been checking out this BB for a couple years now. I don't understand everything here as far as the real technical stuff, but I have learned a great deal by checking in here from time to time. Seems people on this board ARE genuine/friendly and ALWAYS willing to help. Never have I seen a single rude gesture to date...thought I did once, but I was wrong. Wink.gif

Take care and welcome Jason.....

Mike

EVERYBODY-

I normally don't make use of the emoticons, but I guess in this case it is a must. I enjoyed the responses that were posted (helping or not!) so I will be posting more. But since this is no longer a technical issue, I will stay out of this section for now. Thanks for the adventure!

Jason