CO1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EAR,

i know you're the last word in subs, so where's that review of the ml depth & descent. i really want to hear what you think. i have heard them and one thing continues to amaze me. when you stand a coin up on top of the sub in the center, no matter how much you give it, it will not fall over. utterly amazing. the bass is quite nice to my ears. i want to get your take... in this lifetime.2.gif

Ok here goes...

After a short(4 hours)audition/test the Depth apears to be a sure hit,if your main interest is MUSIC and HT second then the Depth sub is a refined performer.No nasty boom,defined and clean is all the Depth is about.

Also if you plan to use your speakers in a smaller room with sat speakers be it Klipsch,Paradigm,Dynaudio,"insert brand".The Depth does the job,and in a way you will welcome.

What is more...

The built quality is great,the controls apear to be of very high quality and the cabinet is very rigid.The three woofers look great and have a very long travel when deep bass hits and SPL goes up.

The Depth will not satisfy you if you thing you will get 20Hz with power,its not a bass pump.Its a refined sub for refined compact speakers in a moderate to mid size room.

Coin trick,...I dont know what you are talking about...2.gif

Sure,it serves me well.

No seriously no coin tricks or guessing involved in audio,I listen..I inspect...I stick my coveted TheEAR seal of...Quality.

But here in Canada it costs a bit too much,I as well pay more and get...much more.In the likes of the Paradigm Signature 2500

Maybe later when the bug strikes I get the twin Martin Logan subs.Money better spent on SVS first.

EAR,

here's the deal with the coin and the ml subs. you can take a coin and stand it up in the middle of the sub. no matter how hard you push the sub, the coin will not fall. this is amazing because it takes a bit of time to balance the coin in the first place. if you barely touch it or bang the sub itself, the coin will fall over. the dealer showed me this "trick" to demonstrate the engineering of the sub. we did this with the descent, so i can't speak for the depth. it's not like there was a lack of bass either. we fired up clapton's one more car, one more rider, and drove the system hard. quite amazing. i'm not rushing to the store to trade in my klipsch just yet, but one day when i've got the means, my true ht will be krell/ml.