Tell me about projectors:

kenratboy

BTW what is your price range for a projector. Would make it easier to recommend LCD and DLP projectors based on that. I also noticed you refered to the refresh rate and having a problem viewing 60Hz on a monitor. I do not find it a problem on a projector for some reason because it also bothers me on a monitor. Most if not all HDTV's are also at 60Hz or 59.something and again it is not an issue.

Hey,

Daewood just came out with a DLP, The heavens open up, shoots a beam of light into the Pacific ocean which in turn reflects it through a 300ft lens, off the 20th story of the empire state building, through another lens and onto your 1/4 mile (diagnal)dalite 16:9 screen. Select "Buy it Now on ebay"...send cash...now...paypal,COD,escrow,money orders NOT accepted.

I had been seriously considering a yamaha projector that the local home theater speciality store pushed. I was close to buying when I happened to stop at a computer store to get some disc. They had a projector playing that surprised me by how good it looked. I asked the rep there and he said people are willing to pay more at a speciality store because they expect to. Looking at the specs the computer store projector is much better. 2000 lumens vs 700. Resolution is 1278x720 vs 800x600. It supports all formats and cost about 1/3 the price. I bought a BenQ DX660 for about 2000 and the performance is fantastic. I have an 111 inch screen with a lascala behind it. I have a HDTV satellite reciever and can't imagine having better video quality. This projector is 4x3 ratio. After seeing how much more is availible in 4x3 I'm glad I got it. 16x9 material looks great too.