Center speaker RC-3 II its big, but too big for my room?

Taylorbaby

i can get the RC-3 II for 399 euro instead of the normal price 499 euro. I've seen this center and its BIG. My room is not big but a normal bedroom wich is about 7 meters length and 3 meter wide, and Is this center too big for my room along with a couple of rf-5's? If so what center is recommended?

oh and... why isnt the rc-3 II not on the klipsch website?

Is the system in your bedroom? I would suggest buying the RC3, sell your current bed and pick up a small bed.

Actually you might consider the RC25 or 35. With these speakers being front ported they can be mounted nearly flush to the wall where the rc3 is rear ported and needs to be way from the wall.

Try to squeeze the large front in the room as possible since this is where most of your sound, from movies, will come from.

good luck,

scott

Actually the RC-3 and RC-3II are not ported, they are sealed enclosure so they can be placed anywhere including mounted on the wall. As you can see from my signature, I have the RC-3II, RF-3II as mains, and RB-5II as surrounds. The RC-3II is a very good center, but its small woofers and sealed enclosure cannot keep up at loud levels with the RF-3II. This is most obvious while listening to multichannel SACD and DVD-A. I am myself considering upgrading to RC-7, but it is too dam* big and does not fit on the shelf under the TV :(

However in a small room like yours, it might just do the job if you don't listen very loud.