Cheap speaker switch...

Mallette

Hmmm. I missed a few on this. As to the 60.00, I'd search a bit. I just pasted that one in as the first I came to. There were others in the range. Google for it.

As to the DPDT knife switches, all I can say is that between my Denon Pro Logic reciever and Crown D75, there is neither any noise nor apparent damage over significant use. Certainly I would have neither at full blast throwing the switch, but then I'm a bit recalcitrant about that with the Niles as well.

Your mileage may vary, but it may work for you as well. Will my technical skills don't run deep, I've a feeling tube amps might be even more tolerant than SS, though obvious app for such things is switching between jealous critical listening with a tube amp for background music from SS.

Dave

I can't see any problems.

At least on my cheapo oriental amps, the speaker switch allows for no speaker connection.

Also, for all my early years of tube amps, I've never seen a warning that they will be harmed by no load. And I've never heard of a failure attributed to no load in audio tube amps.

As far as switch quality, I beleive there is not difference between a Frankenstein knife switch and the rest of what we use. Receivers have smaller stuff or relays. None the less, contact point are contact points. Yeah, it sounds like wire is wire. Something else I ascribe to.

Best,

Gil

Yeah Tom,

One project is that I have to take a final look at (plus testing) of the home made K-Horns and the bigger Belle, and ship them off to my high school alma mater. That being Chaminade HS in Mineola, N.Y. Some young technophiles there will have to tinker with them.

I'd love to show them off to someone before. Maybe in the next few weeks. Anyone else in the Dallas area would be welcome too.

Gil