Tube tester needed. Any suggestions?

Klipschfoot

There are always some Eico or Heathkits on ebay for about$30. Not the fancy super matching mho testing monsters, just tells you if the tube is shorted, open or has low emmission. Those fancy Sencore types sell for over $1000 on ebay. If you find one in a yard sale grab it!

I have an old Heathkit that suites me just fine.

Rick

What testers do you have? You may have a real diamond in the rough that only needs a bit of polish and care to get going. Also, which tubes are you trying to test as some very reasonably priced testers do an excellent job on some tubes - just not all. Check out eBay, as there are plenty of testers listed with lots of info and you can get an idea of the value of your testers (although its always a bit higher on eBay - go figure) and determine if they're worth the effort.

----------------

On 9/7/2003 11:25:50 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

I have several vintage units but all need restoring. I want to start by testing the tubes. Any suggestions before I shell out a few bills? Thanks.
----------------

Michael Marx at SND TUBES makes a market in tube testers. That's where I got mine. He also has one of the best sites for NOS tubes. Take a peek at his website www.vacuumtubes.com.

Father Bill+