B&K Reference 200.7 amp

skonopa

Steven,

A separate amp will improve the dynamics of your reference speakers. When it is time to upgrade your receiver, you can get either a pre/pro or a receiver for the features. I like B&K's sound; they use MOS-FETs that give a warm sound.

Otherwise, it will be a marginal improvement. Only you can decide on the cost/benefit ratio.

Bill

marginal? no way jose, it will be a very big improvement, i remember the first time i hooked my system up and heard the b&k sound, wow, it is described as analytical, what i heard is the amp taking everything thrown at it and reproducing it so well, so defined, headroom galore, smooth, i just cant say enough good about b&k gear, plus i have had zero probs with my gear, you would be a happy man12.gif

the 200.7 will absolutely blow your mind. although the denon is a fine piece of equipment, when you hook up that amp you will begin to enjoy your system like never before. you will be able to turn it up so loud your ears will bleed and the 200.7 will beg you to turn it up louder. the 200.7 will work effortlessly and the denon will only have to process sound. with that being said, although the sound will be better than ever before with the denon, if you move forward eventually into separates utilizing a true preamp like the ref 50 (or lexicon, krell, rotel, etc.), your listening experience will be taken to yet another level.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 6:52:34 AM burtlively wrote:

the 200.7 will absolutely blow your mind. although the denon is a fine piece of equipment, when you hook up that amp you will begin to enjoy your system like never before. you will be able to turn it up so loud your ears will bleed and the 200.7 will beg you to turn it up louder. the 200.7 will work effortlessly and the denon will only have to process sound. with that being said, although the sound will be better than ever before with the denon, if you move forward eventually into separates utilizing a true preamp like the ref 50 (or lexicon, krell, rotel, etc.), your listening experience will be taken to yet another level.

----------------

That is what I would thought. Ever since I heard those RF-7s in Indy hooked up to that Aragon stuff, I was completely blown away by the quality of the sound. I knew that I definitly wanted to get, at the very least, a seperate, good quality, amplifier. Purely as a move to save some cash, I do plan on using the Denon as a Pre/Pro until sometime in the future when I would get a "real" Pre/Pro, after which I will either sell the Denon or resurrect my Infinity and Yamaha speakers and setup a second system downstairs in my game room. However, I do have to admit that RF-7s do indeed sound quite good with the Denon AVR3802.