Off Topic: Off Topic

damonrpayne

----------------

On 9/11/2003 4:06:56 PM m00n wrote:

Dude... You're barking up the wrong tree. It's been asked for over and over with no such luck.
4.gif
To some degree I don't blame Klipsch... This general audio forum gets crazy enough. Can you imagine what a free for all forum would end up like?
----------------

I think there should be a Off Topic forum so:

1.) all the 'stuff' goes there - and it would be easier to police.

2.) if we could discuss our lives and other stuff, it would make the community much stronger and maybe more people here could get even closer

3.) it would lighten the load on the other forums.

4.) we are going to post anyway, so they might as well make it easier to do so without polluting the other forums.

5.) because I said so, and as a to-be Klipsch owner, I demand it!!! 9.gif

----------------

On 9/11/2003 4:11:27 PM kenratboy wrote:

5.) because I said so, and as a to-be Klipsch owner, I demand it!!!
9.gif

----------------

Oh well, why didn't you say so in the first place...

Trey Cannon? Chop chop! Make it happen.

You ain't done yet Trey? 2.gif

As the administrator of another fairly high traffic bulletin board, I can most definatly understand the administrators/moderators ignoring a request like this.

Boards like this take up a lot of disk space and a lot of bandwidth. Both of which cost a lot of money. It is hard to justify this cost for a 'free for all' type forum. It is also hard to moderate the content on such a forum.

It is inevitable that a board like this with such a tight community will want a place to talk about other interests in life besides that of which the board was intented. An alternative that has worked well for many of the members of my forum was creating an IRC (internet relay chat) channel that they could meet in and talk about off topic whatever. Might be something to look into as I will put down money that an 'Off Topic' forum will never be created. Similar to my board, the 'General Discussion' section is the closest the board will ever come to an 'off-topic' section.

----------------

On 9/16/2003 2:57:41 AM Dome wrote:

An alternative that has worked well for many of the members of my forum was creating an IRC (internet relay chat) channel that they could meet in and talk about off topic whatever.

----------------

Agreed! Yet once again it has been suggested with no response. 4.gif