Paradigm pw-2200 vs klipsch rw-12

simplyso

I haven't heard the RW12... but at the same price? ahhh... being canadian.... I'd edge towards the PW2200, as i found it quite competitive with the RSW12 (which is significantly more $ than the RW12).

Several people on here have heard (actually some have had) all three of these subs at home... so they could give you a more detailed perspective.

Rob

Refer to this post for some info regarding the RSW-12 and the PW-2200.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=38778&sessionID={5782D875-F828-424C-B879-E6FBE1A52D40}

The RSW-12 is a better sub than the RW-12 and it looks like TheEar favors the PW-2200 over the RSW-12, at least below 35Hz. I would assume the PW-2200 is the winner against the RW-12 especially when you consider that the PW-2200 TheEar was referring to was not the upgraded PW-2200 v2. I have not heard the RW-12 so these are just my assumptions but the RW subs are not the best Klipsch has to offer if you are looking to go that route. Personally I would choose a PW-2200 v2 over the RW-12 or RSW-12 which is why I have one ordered. TheEar of course is the man to give you the real answers on this topic because I'm pretty sure he has heard all of these subs and in my opinion is only biased when it comes to performance not brand. BTW was the PW-2200 that you heard the new v.2 model? It would say right on the box.

I just went back to the store and found out it is the pw-2200 v2 that I heard. They had it labled as just the 2200 but I looked on the back and it was a v2. I just have a couple of questions about it. It has the servo amp in it right so how many watts is it rated at max and rms and also is 750 + tax canadian a good price for the v2.