New Klipsch THX effort

mmiles

I listened to these speakers at CEDIA while watching Pearl Harbor and another flick (forget now). Very impressive sound and imaging. Klipsch was also using dual subs (12" at 1000 watt each I think) with some new looking angled up surround.

Looked different but sounded great! The only snag I seen was it was an in-wall install and the speakers had to be 8"+ deep. Dats a big wall yo.

Regards,

mm

since i haven't heard either one, that is a ? i can't answer.

also, you haven't specified which svs sub you would want to compare them to.

they definitely out perform any THX-certified subs svs offers-oh yeah-svs doesn't HAVE ANY THX-certified subs.

i can assure you that the rest of the speakers in the system out perform any SPEAKERS svs has to offer...oh yeah-that's right-svs DOESN'T MAKE SPEAKERS, ONLY SUBS11.gif

avman.

"yes, but do they outperform SVS?"

In SPL down low I am sure NOT.SVS is not easy to beat for foundation shaking DEEP bass.Even HSU's best bow down to SVS finest and HSU is known for great performing subs.

The only true competition to SVS B4-Plus/dual SS and PB2-Ultra comes from Acoustic Visions(Pinnacle series)and I name the Everest(with dual TUMULT woofers and FOUR 18" PR's).Two Tumults can move more air than four db12 woofers.Unless the db12 has a linear greater than the TV12.

I would like to hear these new Klipsch THX speakers,and dual 12" subs.Should be impressive,even if its not SVS beating performance in any way.

1.gif

as usual,ear brings a cannon to a knife fight2.gif

i'm just trying to keep things in perspective. a THX-certified system has to meet certain performance specifications to qualify. also, i have been unimpressed in the past w/other companies THX-cert. offerings.from what i've been told,this system sounds GREAT!

for some customers, THX-cert. will be a 'hot button'.i will say that given the retail price(sit down for this)about $10,000, it SHOULD sound great.6.gif

avman.

----------------

On 9/17/2003 6:34:15 PM Grand11 wrote:

$10,000 ... hmmm ...

What are the chances I could sell my car, take these home, set them up, and watch a movie before my Wife gets home and kills me?

----------------

no chance.

9.gif

kind of like my chances of taking my tuition and not paying the school - dropping out - and buying the speakers - installing it in my room, since i wont have my dorm anymore and finding a way to explain everything to my parents without being beheaded and fed to neighborhood rabbits.